Spanish Frittata is what’s for dinner!
My husband Roger and I finished work late last night. So, I had to make a quick dinner–we were too hungry and tired to make an elaborate feast.
I decided on a Spanish Frittata! So simple, easy, and yummy!
I love to cook, but I don’t usually follow recipes or measure anything, I just like to experiment. So, the recipe for the frittata I am sharing with you today is not precise. You can decide if you still want to give it a try or not–I say, go for it!
(It serves four people, each one gets a slice, or two hungry people like me and my husband!)
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of good olive oil (I might use a bit more than this)
- one medium size onion, chopped– about 3/4 to 1 cup
- 3 medium size red potatoes cut into small cubes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into small pieces. You can skip this if you don’t like peppers, and you can substitute or add yellow or orange peppers.
- paprika–I like to use this ingredient, but you can skip it if you want to
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 eggs beaten
- parsley or cilantro, chopped, add as much or as little as you like
- panko bread crumbs–about 2 tablespoons
You will need a 12-inch cast-iron skillet. If you don’t have one, here are some options:
Heat the olive oil, add the onion and sauté until it softens and is see-through. In a separate bowl, beat ten eggs and add the cilantro or parsley. I like to add a little salt and pepper to this mix.
Here is a great bowl I love! I use this bowl for everything. For some reason, it is the perfect size bowl to have in my kitchen! It also comes in fabulous colors!
Next, add the potatoes and cook until they soften and have a golden/brown color. Add the red pepper and cook for two to three minutes more. Add salt, pepper, and paprika.
Add the beaten eggs with the cilantro/parsley to the pan. Let them cook until set on the sides of the pan but still uncooked in the center. It will take about two to three minutes on medium heat. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top.
Place the pan under the broiler for a few minutes, checking often, until the top is cooked and looks crispy and golden. Remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately.
Cut into wedges and serve with a green salad or a tomato salad with onion and black olives!
So there you have it, a quick yet delicious recipe to enjoy with family and friends!